Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Changes to Music in the MRV Elementary Schools

Hello to the Families of the Mad River Valley!

I am thrilled to now be a part of all four MRV school communities. The students and staff of Fayston, Moretown, Waitsfield, and Warren are simply the greatest, and I feel so lucky every day to get to work with all of them. Having taught in the area for 16 years, I now see grown men and women who I had in Kindergarten! The other night I was at a music event (The Grift) in Waitsfield where students past and present were attending, and it amazed me to realize the unique position I'm in to help an entire community become musical people. I was surrounded by students and former students age 5 to 25 and warmly greeted by them all. I've never felt so fortunate to be doing what I am doing.

Carolyn Adams (who has been teaching at Fayston and Warren) and I have been duplicating efforts in all four elementary schools for decades - both of us teaching Pre-K through 6th general music, bands, instrumental lessons, and chorus - and now we have divided those duties into two manageable positions spread throughout all four schools. Carolyn is teaching the instrumental program and 5th/6th general music while I am covering the Pre-K through 4th grade general and the 5th 6th chorus.

I'm looking forward to a spectacular year!

Best Wishes,
Mr. Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment